Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Texting- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Alright, so before last week, I had no texting. One could call me a texting-less person. Then, for a reason completely unknown to me, we bought texting on our plan(which includes Mom, Tori, and me)and got unlimited for only $30 more per month. Quite the little bargan there, huh? Oh yeah, if you're a Graham, you don't settle for anything that isn't a discount. Sales racks are Graham's best friends.
At least, in this neck of the Graham family tree.
Anyway, back to the point. I've realized texting isn't all it's cooked up to be, but does have some very nice attributes.
1. If you're somewhere where you can't talk, texting is a wonderful communication tool.
ex. You're in a meeting that is "important" yet you've been to the same one a millon times. You realize you won't be home in time to cook dinner for the hubby and don't know what to do. (you're hubby gets cranky when dinner is late) Conveniently, you have you're phone nearby and can text your man telling him to meet you at the fancy restaurant downtown. Everything is cool again.
2. If you are in a group of people you don't particularly like, but don't want to just leave cause it'd be rude, you can text a friend across the room with the very simple pharse "SOS"
If your friend has any brains whatsoever, he or she will realize your situation and come to your aid.
3. If you are bored to the 1oth degree, texting can aid to your bordem if you're not comfortable talking on the phone. (I know a bunch of you people will probably be like " How could someone not feel comfortable talking on the phone?" Well, lemme just tell you, I feel uncomfortable talking on the phone most of the time. Unless I know you very personally. I don't know why, that's just the way I am)
1. While you are talking to someone you get a text. The urge to look at the text is overwhelming. However, you know this particular person would feel offended if you took out your phone to answer the text. You decided to leave it. 5 minuets later you get another text, you cave. You look at your phone and quickly reply to the text. You then realize the person you were talking to stopped speaking and was staring at your phone. Appauled that you would do a thing like that.
Can you say embaressing?
2. When you get 5 texts while trying to write a reply, all you can think is "WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!" Everyone turns and stares at you.
You realize you said that outloud.
3. It's obbessing.
1. Some people are extremely against texting, and hate when they see people text in front of other people. They walk over and lecture you about the evils of texting.
Great. First a comma lecture, now this.
(Mrs. Calano, if you read this... just know I love your comma lectures =D )
2. It can become disrepectful if you let it go to far.
3. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is becoming allot more common
Posted by Tia at 1:01 PM
|What do ya think?|