Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday- 3 hours of silence.



"They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. 'Hail, king of the Jews!' they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again...From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?'—which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' ...And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit."

-Matthew 27

On Good Friday every year, we try to stay silent from 12 to 3.

Just as a time to reflect on the cross.

It's actually really nice.

Except when a certain 8 year old sister comes in your room and ruins everything...

but we won't talk about that now...


Have a great Good Friday.



4 comments:

  1. How interesting! I love that picture you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor Olivia... I still do that to Meghan sometimes :) happy good friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you probably know, your father and I grew up with this tradition.
    Though I didn't appreciate it as a child, I certainly do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa-
    Thanks!!!!
    Sara-
    I kinda didn't mention her name on purpose...lol
    Aunt Lala-
    That's basically what he said too. I really like it too.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? I'll reply :)

Yes, even if you don't want me too ;)

And remember... I can read your comments, so I can delete them if I don't like you...

Oh and keep it clean... or my buds from the Secret Service might come down and have to "talk" to you.